Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Parenting 101: Beck-beck Style


It's 4PM and it's Tatot's afternon playtime.

After making him a drawing of a Butanding (Whale Shark) which he colored entirely in aqua blue, he looked up to me and asked if he can go out and ride his bike. I said, "Yes, as long as you behave and you don't run over any cats or dogs."

So like a round butterball, he bounced out of the house with his red Spider-Man bike.

Minutes later he came back inside the house and told me, "Bey, may nanunukso sakin dun, oh! (Bei, someone's making fun of me)"

Mother Hen instincts kicks in and I asked, "Sino? Ano ang sabi seio? (Who's teasing you? What did he say?)"

So I went out with him and he pointed at a young boy in blue. He looks like he's already 7 or 8 years old although he's rather skinny and he's only 2 inches taller than Tatot (who weighs 85lbs at least and looks like a pint-sized sumo wrestler at the age of 5)

I saw the kid blowing a raspberry at Tatot. and Tatot looked at me with those puppy dog eyes, waiting for me to jump on the kid.

As much as I want to dash off and kick the kid, I can't do that coz that's not a responsible thing.

So I squatted down and looked Tatot in the eye and said:

"May bike ka di ba? Sagasaan mo yung bata! tapos pag tumakbo habulin mo! Suntukin mo! Ang laki-laki mo, eh. Kayang kaya mo yun!"

(You have a bike, go run him over! And if he makes a run for it, go after him and punch him the face! You're a big boy now, you can do it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget

Spread the Beckyness!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin