Monday, September 6, 2010

Pagmama-asim: a work-related post


As a general rule, I refrain from blogging about work because (1) it's not really very professional and (2) I have a life after work.

But for the past few months, the work atmosphere have been REALLY shitty to the point that some office friends and I go out almost every night just to blow off steam. The stress of getting through the daily grind started creeping into our personal lives.

There was just too much shit that it can't be contained from 9am to 6pm.

It started when some of our best people started leaving one by one. Management brought in new people to take their place. And that's when pretty much everything became confusing, redundant, and altogether frustrating.

I'm not complaining because I'm not used to stress. HUH! Not at all! I eat stress for breakfast!

Stress I can handle, but INCOMPETENCE is a new realm altogether.

We used to have our own squabbles over work. It was stressful. It was a bit frustrating. But it was the kind of stress that's expected of work: because people knew what they were doing, everyone has their own opinion and view on things, it's all a matter of settling differences and agreeing to disagree sometimes.

But this new brand of stress is the complete opposite. We are consistently berated by mindless meddling.

My job is made more difficult because I have to entertain pointless tasks from someone who's supposed to know BETTER. We are given a team member who does not know what he's supposed to do, who does not know the meaning of team work, and who is, quite frankly, not qualified for his position. And our team is flying without a pilot.

In short we're all over the place and we're on our own.


For a while I thought I can ignore it.

For a while I thought I can go on with my work and just put the unwanted people and their shitty output out of my head.

But like an annoying fly, they fly in your face, land on your food and just refuse to die.

It's bad enough that I can't ignore them, I have to carry the load of making sure they don't fuck up my brand.

It's difficult, but more than that, it's just plain unfair.

How come these people are getting PAID when other people have to do their job?

How come they have been given positions when it's obvious they are not qualified for it?

Haaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy....

...

In the end, I just think to myself that I will come out of this ordeal smarter, tougher, and altogether much better.

After all, it's not my job to hire and train smart people. That's HR's job! (hahaha)

And quite frankly, I can't help it of some people are mediocre.

The only thing I can control is how I do my job (which, not to be "mayabang", I think I'm doing a pretty decently)

Coping with this added hurdle will only make me better.

As for the problem people, they will always remain as they are: mediocre.


1 comment:

There was an error in this gadget

Spread the Beckyness!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin