Monday, August 9, 2010

A Yosi day

I'm supposed to have stopped smoking.

It's no secret though that I have long forgotten that self-made pact.

And today feels like a yosi day.

You know what I mean?

It's one of those days na kung pwede lang ay may nakatapal na sigarilyo sa nguso mo buong maghapon...

Habang nagawa ng email...

Habang nakain ng lunch sa harap ng PC...

Habang nasa meeting...

Habang may kausap sa telepono...

Habang nagpe-present...

Habang nagmee-meryenda...

Kahit habang nagyo-yosi, parang gutso ko pang yumosi!

On my way home, I took a leak in one of THOSE restrooms in Shang. A cute-ish preppy-looking guy was beside me in the urinal and I noticed he was extra vigorously in... um... making "pagpag" his thang.

I checked and he was checking out my y'know...

He was cute

...

Tempting...

...

as in if I weren't so I tired I would've said, "Heck" and just went with it.

...

But I was not getting any "significant" reaction

...

I was THAT tired.

No, lemme rephrase that: I AM that tired.

I'm not a laborer but my shoulders ache like hell

So I zipped up, washed and headed out the mall.

Immediately outside the exit, I took out my pack, only 2 sticks left. I popped a candy in my mouth and lit a stick.

It feels good as the menthol-y smoke circles my lungs and clings on to my already-itchy throat.

I started walking

Then pressed "PLAY"


And I cannot remember
What life was like through photographs


Trying to recreate images life gives us from our past


And sometimes it's a sad song


But I cannot forget
Refuse to regret
So glad I met you


Take my breath away


Make everyday
Worth all of the pain that I have
Gone through


And mama I've been cryin'
Cause things ain't how they used to be


She said the battles almost won
And we're only several miles from the sun


Last Sunday, a good friend texted me and said:

It's OK to remember.

It's OK to be sad.

It's OK to miss everything about him...

But you have to accept what happened, to let go, and forgive the past.

Most importantly forgive yourself

Yes, my dear, we're only seven miles from the sun.

2 comments:

  1. una sa lahat, napaka-judgemental mo naman!!!

    Pangalawa, never ko naman ki-nlaim na OK na ako, it's daily battle, I'll get there slowly.

    Let's not dwell... The battle's almost won, te.

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget

Spread the Beckyness!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin