Sunday, August 1, 2010

Raving about Hurts


If you haven't heard about Hurts, then you should lay your fashion offerings to the Homo-diety (Lady GaGa) for stumbling into this blog entry.

Actually, mejo late na rin ako coz it appears this band has been around since early this year.

I only stumbled upon them recently and since then I can't get their music (not to mention the perfectly curled lips of the vocalist) out of my head.

Stop the ispluk muna akez for a second and I'll let you experience their enthralling sound:


From their sound to their fashion to their image, I can't help but FALL IN LOVE with this band.


Made up of Theo Hutchcraft (vocals) and Adam Anderson (everything else), Hurts captures the repressed and sartorial European flavour (notice the U?) and, at the same time, brings back a very distinct 80s sound with a contemporary electronic texture.

Look at some BTS footage of the band:


I would be a very misinformed judge, as I haven;t thoroughly researched this group as of yet but the very neat and impeccable packaging makes them smell like the product of a well implemented marketing strategy and imaging. Although, of course, being European, the sartorial look and slicked back hair might as well be second nature to them.


Here's more music from the guys (the official video is also very homoerotic, that has a slight Prada feel to it so I chose this one instead)


Needless to say, I am quite in lovee with the front man, Theo, whom I suspect is rather gay.

That's PLUS POINTS for the band! yey!


Those curling lips, the raised eyebrows, the cute cleft chin, the perfectly straight teeth, the sharp nose, the knees well-kept together, and the very "European" hand movements.... OOOOHHHHHHH they make me quiver.

Here's more music:

It sounds a bit more austere and I don't find this one as catchy as the previous 2, though...


I'll leave it at that for now.

if you guys find a torrent for their new album, "Happiness", lemme know, kei?

Vavush!

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget

Spread the Beckyness!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin