Thursday, January 15, 2009

Their weddings, my eventual Funeral

I was YM-ing with an old office friend a few days ago. She was one of the video editors I used to work with way back (as eeef namen ganun katagal, neh?) when I was in GMA.

There was the usual kamustahan cheverlou. And we got to talking about a recent post I saw in Multiply: Ina's wedding! Well, it was really no surprise, I told her, those two have been together for like ages...

And THAT's when she dropped the bomb and gave me a roll call of all the people we know who's getting married: She and Jude in 2011, Hazel and Mac in 2010, Gen R and her BF (forgot the name) this May... and then there's Gwen and her new BF to get hitched on 2011, my cousin Cindy anf Jeff next year, my cousin Eric and wifey got hitched, preggers, and plopped a baby just last year... and my college and HS friends as well! Pau is about to plop another baby... Gladys got hitched and now has a baby... Ella, Luthy, and a bunch more got hitched and bred...


My head's spinning from the wedding bells... ugh...

Seems like EVERYBODY my age's getting hitched or having kids... and it's depressing... and I hate it. I don't want to begrudge my friends and family of their happiness.. but there you have it, I'm a bit sour...

And why wouldn't I feel this way? I too have dreams of wearing the most dapper-looking barong, going down the altar and committing myself to the love of my life... only I CAN'T... coz people like me can't get married...


Hindi na ako aangal... pero nevertheless, it's still very sad... Yes, we can still have deep long term relationships, have commitment ceremonies, but it will never be recognized as a legal union...


Sabi nga sa Get Real (read review here), "It's just love... What is everybody so afraid of?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

There was an error in this gadget

Spread the Beckyness!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin